REPORT-A-PROBLEM PAGE - * Required field(s)
Please note: is a web site of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. E-mails are not opened on the weekend or on holidays. This website is maintained by non-medical staff and should not be used as a substitute for contacting a physician in the case of individual illness. If you have a medical emergency, go to the nearest hospital with an emergency department or call 9-1-1. If you have a non-emergency question about someone who is sick and you do not have a doctor, call the DPH health information line at 800 427-8700 and ask for a referral to low cost or no-cost provider.
Report a problem or notify us about activities that may be of public health concern.
  • Foodborne Illness : Use this link to report a foodborne illness on-line.
    If you would rather report by phone, please contact the Morbidity Unit at (213) 240-7821 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
  • Environmental Health Complaints:   Use this link if you wish to report problems at a restaurant or food market, rodent problems at a property, sewage or wastewater discharge at a property, no water at a property, accumulated trash or debris at a property, rental properties that are not maintained, mosquito breeding or swimming pools that are not maintained, lead exposure hazards, mold in rental housing units, illegal food vendors or problems at a body art facility. If you would rather report by phone, please contact the Environmental Health Call Center at (888) 700-9995.
  • Health Professional Reports: California law mandates that health care providers report over 85 diseases or conditions (including animal bites to humans) to their local health department.
  • Animal Bite Report
  • Public callers who would like to report a public health issue may also call LA County 2-1-1 information line anytime.
Please complete all fields below and click on the SUBMIT button to send your complaint. Staff will address your concerns as soon as possible and you will be contacted with the results of our investigation. Please be aware that an adult (over 18 years) has to be available for contact. All complaints are confidential. Although anonymous reports are accepted, we request your contact information so that we may contact you if we need additional information to properly address your complaint. Also, if you do not leave your contact information, we will not be able to inform you of our actions.

*Type of Incident/Problem
Other Type (Required if incident is Other Type of Problem)
Date of Incident (MM/DD/YYYY)
Name/Location of Incident
Description of incident/Problem
Does this problem still exist?
Is the problem intermittent or constantly occurring?
Your Title (Mr. Mrs. Ms. Dr.)
Your First Name
Your Last Name
Day Phone
Evening Phone
Fax Number
*e-Mail Address (required)
Mailing Address
Please contact me by: Phone  Fax  e-Mail  Mail
What is the best time for you to be contacted?
Public Health has made reasonable efforts to provide accurate translation. However, no computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace traditional translation methods. If questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.
Los Angeles County Seal: Enriching lives through effective and caring services