Tell Us How We're Doing
File a complaint

Report COVID-19 and public health issues.
Call the Customer Call Center:

Monday - Friday,
8:00AM - 5:00PM

Submit an online complaint

Report a foodborne illness

How to Find Us
County of Los Angeles
Department of Public Health
Environmental Health
5050 Commerce Drive
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
(888) 700-9995

get adobe reader image

Adobe Reader
Note: PDF documents on this site were created using Adobe Acrobat 5.0 or later. If you are using an earlier version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (4.x or less), document functionality may be reduced. Please Click Here

Mobile Food Vending Investigation and Compliance Program

Illegal vending is a serious public health hazard to our communities throughout Los Angeles County. The Mobile Food Vending Investigation and Compliance Program is responsible for inspecting these vendors who prepare and/or sell food without a Public Health Permit. Every approved mobile food facility can be identified by a numbered and dated sticker affixed to the truck or cart (pictured below).

street vending certificate image

If a vendor is selling food and does not have a sticker or a health permit, they are possibly selling food illegally and should be reported to the program. Other violations, most of which can possibly make people sick include:

  • No potable water for food handlers to wash their hands or utensils
  • Food obtained from unapproved sources
  • Potentially hazardous food held at unsafe temperatures
  • Lack of proper equipment to maintain food at the required temperatures
  • Unsanitary conditions including unclean food equipment
  • Food not protected from contamination or adulteration
  • No restroom available for food handlers
  • Unapproved food equipment
The following pictures show examples of different vendors found working illegally.

street vending image 1 street vending image 2 street vending image 3

The Mobile Food Vending Investigation and Compliance Program is made up of ten inspectors who investigate complaints from the public. Due to limited resources, the size of county, and the number of complaints received each day, it may take some time to address each complaint, but every single complaint will be investigated. To file a complaint, you may call the number listed below. Be prepared to give specific information including address, city, zip code, day and times of operation, a description of what the vendor is selling, if the vendor is doing any food preparation (cutting, cooking, grilling), and the police division that covers that area.

Contact Us

Mobile Food Vending Investigation and Compliance Program: (626) 430-5160

Back to Environmental Health's Home Page
Pay for your Public Health
Permit or License
To pay for your Public Health Permit and/or License using your Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover), Debit Card, or Electronic Check (ECheck), please visit our Payment Portal .

A convenience fee per transaction will apply. The convenience fee for Credit/Debit Cards is 2.22% with a $1.49 minimum. Electronic Check fees are only $0.49. Please have your Account ID and your Facility ID numbers from your billing statement ready. Payment will only be accepted online for the total amount owed on an account. Terms and Conditions apply. For more information about Permit and License Billing, please visit our Payment information page .
Areas of Interest
Popular Links
Director of Environmental Health
Liza Frias
Public Health has made reasonable efforts to provide accurate translation. However, no computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace traditional translation methods. If questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.
Los Angeles County Seal: Enriching lives through effective and caring services